Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Media Bias Blatant in Iraq Reporting

I have tried to stay away from the political and war debate, but daily I am upset by the linguistic and logical fallacies that are blatantly reported in the news. You can identify such stories by the emotional slant and choice of words in the headlines and key sentences. Most of the reporting is far form objective fact finding, but rather selective agenda driven political. I have come to totally mistrust a story unless I read the same thing on several different news services, and see it on Fox News equally with CNN. Watching White House press conferences really ticks me off, when the old lady in the front ask a multipart question that is soaked in question begging assumptions that you know the administration doesn't accept. It doesn't matter if you agree with the administration, but at least report what they are saying objectively. Or the reporters that get angry with the press secretary because they don't like the answer they were given, and attack the secretary verbally as if he or she was evil. So, I encourage everyone to read the following report. I just wish more people would think critically about the lack of critical reporting currently poisoning the American culture.

Media Bias Blatant in Iraq Reporting

No comments:

Post a Comment