Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Bible Catholic

I read where the Synod of Bishops is meeting in October 2008 to discuss the Bible, and try to come up with some ideas on how to get more Catholics to read and study it. I've made some suggestions along this line before and received a bit of flack from some well meaning Catholics over it. One such post, which I also sent out as an e-blast to my Nineveh's Crossing list, was not appreciated by all -- although many loved the idea. The objections I received back from my OPEN YOUR BIBLES PLEASE post were amazing. Not one objection made any real sense, nor did the objections agree with any teaching of the Church. Some of the objections were from minor Catholic leaders and one from a nun. At some point I knew I had to answer these objections, which in my mind were right from the heart of Satan --- he would hate to see more Catholics reading their Bibles.

So, when I heard about this Synod I decided I was arrogant enough to write a white paper, and share the many successful ideas for inculcating Bible use in Evangelicalism.

If you know how to get this paper to the Bishops, please do. I'm trying to go through some contacts and the Archdiocese of Detroit, but who knows if anything but going to the Vatican next month and leafleting the Bishops' mopeds will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment