Monday, November 4, 2019

Basic Christianity Documentary (WATCH BELOW)

In an effort to promote Dr. Stan Walters's book, Basic Christianity: Facts-Evidences-Reasons, (available here: http://www.stanwilliams.com/NINEVEHSCROSSING/BCInfo.php) I ventured into a video recording of me presenting Dr. Walters's Lecture 4: Getting Information About God.  (I mean our initials are the same "SDW" as are our first two names, Stanley David...) Now, I say that with a bit of sarcasm and deep respect for my mentor, Dr. Walters.  I do wish he was still on the lecture circuit, because his stage presence was very engaging, as the writer of the book's Foreword, Dwight Gregory so well articulates in his Foreword and in the video testimonial on the book's website. So, because I am not the assured, confident, and posed Walters, I have supplemented his words (from the edited book) with lots of graphics and pictures.

Now, that is not really why I added the images and animation. I did such to make Walters's words accessible to the huge audience of young people who don't read so well, or who would have trouble following the logic without visual support. A lot has changed in communication media in our culture since these lectures were last presented by Master Walters in 1968.  I guess, I also added all the visuals and music because when he delivered these, as good as he was, I was a very poor student. It still is hard, although not as much, to listen to a sophisticated talk and understand much of what is being said. I prefer books which allow me without cost, except for time, to re-read a sentence or paragraph many times in order to grasp its meaning. Videos are good too because I can play a section over and over until I get the joke—thick I am.

Also, the meaning behind Dr. Walters' talks are significant in the realm of Christian apologetics. They were very helpful to me, and I want them to be helpful to others.  So, I hope you enjoy the video documentary of his talk (presented by me with the help of Final Cut Pro and a bunch of technology) and remember, you can play a section over and over until it puts you to sleep.

I doubt that I will do more than this one lecture. It is taking a long time, and it's not earning my any money to pay for the software updates. (smile)

Blessings,

Stanley D. Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment